POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Advanced diffuse_back Beta34 example scene : Re: Advanced diffuse_back Beta34 example scene Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:31:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advanced diffuse_back Beta34 example scene
From: clipka
Date: 25 Aug 2009 02:21:59
Message: <4a938307$1@news.povray.org>
Mr schrieb:
>> [1] As for backside vs. frontside diffuse term, it should be noted that
>> light making it though to the other side of the object is unavailable
>> for diffuse reflection on this side.
>
> Does that mean that all the rest should add up to one and the back diffuse can
> still go anywhere between 0 and 1 again? (sorry to ask again)

No, sorry, that's a misunderstanding; what I meant to point out was that
to get realistic results, when you increase back-side diffuse value (=
more light gets through to the other side), you should decrease the
front-side diffuse value accordingly (= less light stays on /this/ side).

Thus, you should make sure that:

   diffuse(front) + diffuse(back) + specular + phong  <=  1.0