POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national healthcare?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 24 Aug 2009 22:40:57
Message: <4a934f39$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/24/09 19:06, Tim Cook wrote:
> If someone volunteers to do a particular task, expecting them to then do
> that task is not an external compulsion; they made a promise *by
> volunteering* to do it, hence obligated themselves. Of their own free

	Yes, but their promise was *not* to take care of any fire that breaks
out, but to take care of only certain fires. No promise is being broken.

	You seem to have the idea that just because they put out fires, they're
obligated to put out more fires than what they claimed to.

	If I'm a volunteer fireperson, and I say that I'll only operate from
3pm to midnight, I'm not breaking any promises for not acting in other
hours. And I've made clear what I'm volunteering for.

--
Feet Smell?  Nose Run?  Hey, you're upside down!