POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Aug 2009 19:03:39
Message: <4a931c4b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 25-8-2009 0:50, Darren New wrote:
>> andrel wrote:
>>> Then don't let people get into that position. This is something that
>>> tax is meant for.
>>
>> I completely agree. What's your point?
>
> Why have it voluntarily? Doesn't make sense to me.

It generally worked fine. There weren't enough fires, I guess, to warrant a
full-time fire fighting staff. (I think the town has a total of four police
cars, IIRC?)

> I can only assume
> that someone wanted to virtually lower the tax burden for political
> reasons.

You may be assuming there *was* a full-time fire brigade that was disbanded.
I don't believe the area *ever* had a full-time fire brigade. Maybe since
then, but not at the time.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe