POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great : Re: This is great Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is great
From: clipka
Date: 24 Aug 2009 18:04:59
Message: <4a930e8b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel schrieb:
>> I also found out that while my car has a bluetooth headset feature
>> built in that lets me make hands-free calls from the car without
>> taking the phone out of my pocket, lots of cars in Europe use the "SIM
>> profile" of bluetooth. So there's an entire phone built into the car
>> that just wirelessly accesses the SIM chip, pulling in the phone book
>> of whoever is in the car and everything. Very cool.
>>
> I like that. Nice idea for our cab-driver when he has to transport
> another celebrity.

Yes, that *could* be a security problem :-)

It's not as bad though as one might think: Virtually all phones out
there won't allow a phonebook download without proper bonding, nor allow
proper bonding without user interaction. So unless the celebrity is
really stupid...

... wait - what?! :-P

(BTW, I actually did work on things like those.)