POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Aug 2009 17:39:14
Message: <4a930882$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     I know I'm getting repetitive, but I'm also seriously. Using the
> word "obligation" and "volunteer" in the same sentence blows my mind.

I still giggle whenever I remember Bruce Willis in 12 Monkeys being assigned
"Volunteer duty."

>> don't get to disregard this or that order because you're a volunteer. In
>> for a penny, in for a pound, as they say.
>
>     That's because the army has rules, not because they're volunteering.

Yes. "Volunteering" for the army means accepting employment with them of
your own free will. But it's still employment with contracts and such.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe