POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune particle system : Rune particle system Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Rune particle system
From: SharkD
Date: 24 Aug 2009 15:30:22
Message: <4a92ea4e$1@news.povray.org>
I am having problems with Rune's particle system. The particle macros
use the clock in the chronological sense of passing time, whereas I am
using the clock simply to rotate the camera and want time to stand
still. This obviously produces a conflict.

My question is, how do I "freeze" the particles so that they don't
change as the clock value increases? I've tried changing the
"particle_start" and "particle_end" parameters so that they are equal,
but this causes the particles to not appear at all. Is there a way to
override the clock?

Thanks.