POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Suggestion: Add FAQ to Wiki : Re: Suggestion: Add FAQ to Wiki Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:03:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion: Add FAQ to Wiki
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 24 Aug 2009 14:31:00
Message: <4a92dc64@news.povray.org>
news:4a92bb29@news.povray.org...
>> I think it would be a good idea to add the contents of the TAG Questions
>> & Answers (AKA POV-Ray FAQ, http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/) to the Wiki.
>
>  Since the wiki is much easier to edit, I'll have to agree. The current
> Q&T pages are a pain to edit (and haven't been for many years).
>
> --
>                                                          - Warp

Sounds like something I ought to follow up on then ....

Several things:

Q&T shows last updated 4Feb2006 so perhaps on the Wiki is a good spot for
ease of editing.

On the TAG homepage I see Chris Colefax as webmaster is that who I should
contact for the html markup ... a zip package?

I see this as a migration, not much sense in having same content in more
than one place ... right?

I think the Knowledgebase namespace is a good spot for the content:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:Contents

I will post the content and protect it so only registered users can
add/change it .... in other words I don't want to become the gardener!

Did I leave anything out?

Jim