POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Aug 2009 12:38:24
Message: <4a92c200@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Because "we will only put out fires for those who pay us" is extortion,

They're volunteers.  How is it any more extortion than "I will only program
computers for people who pay me"?

>   Also, people often die in fires. If someone dies in a fire they refused
> to put out because they got no money from them, they let someone die on
> purpose even though they could help.

Yes. I don't think they went that far, altho I do remember hearing a story
of them showing up at some rich cheap-bastard's house just to watch it burn.
The donation request was something like $10/year or so, so it wasn't like a
lot of money. But if you were too cheap even for that...

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe