POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great : Re: This is great Server Time
9 Oct 2024 03:58:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is great
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Aug 2009 12:09:33
Message: <4a92bb3d$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> I guess they didn't bother with such things in the iPhone :-)

The bit I like best is where they count the number of bytes they received
before they turned off the receiver and then adjust the wake-up time they
program into the hardware, on the basis that the heat from running the
receiver will have made the crystal run at a different speed for the next
1.28 seconds they're asleep, and you don't want to wake up too soon or too
late. :-)  Scary stuff going on inside there.

I also found out that while my car has a bluetooth headset feature built in
that lets me make hands-free calls from the car without taking the phone out
of my pocket, lots of cars in Europe use the "SIM profile" of bluetooth. So
there's an entire phone built into the car that just wirelessly accesses the
SIM chip, pulling in the phone book of whoever is in the car and everything.
Very cool.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe