POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mountain : Re: Mountain Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:59:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mountain
From: clipka
Date: 24 Aug 2009 01:31:27
Message: <4a9225af$1@news.povray.org>
tiocfaidh schrieb:
> I was wondering, how would one create a simple mountain?

For a 101 on mountain building, I'd suggest running the standard
orthographics template scene, and using that output for a height field.

 From there on, you can embark on learning how to...

- create the height field directly from the pattern, without the interim
step of the orthographics scene (you'll probably find "pigment
functions" and "function images" helpful for that)

- combine multiple patterns (or functions, for that matter) to get more
control over the mountain's shape

I guess that's the standard route of learning how to create mountains.