POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? : Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS* Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS*
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Aug 2009 19:04:40
Message: <4a91cb08$1@news.povray.org>
> Up to that point, it wasn't clear that the humans were simply being nasty

Yes, because burning the eggs and describing the sounds as "popcorn" wasn't
a give-away. :-)

> - it may well have been that the
> aliens psyche was dangerous to humans, and they needed to be cordoned off.

And clearly vice-versa, yes.

 > I went in expecting less of a hard science fiction film

It wasn't very hard science. Indeed, I'd *almost* say it's barely science
fiction at all. I liked it a lot, tho.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe