POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Aug 2009 13:15:35
Message: <4a917937$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> a) That there *are* people who want the FD to be privatized.

That's how it worked in the Roman Empire, I understand. The fire department
would save your house if you sold it to them. They'd stand around arguing
over the value until you gave in, with the value naturally going down as it
burned.  (I assume they'd rent it back to you or something.)

I've also encountered volunteer fire departments in small towns that took
donations. If you didn't donate, they wouldn't put out the fire on your
house.  I don't think that would work for places like California where it's
not uncommon for hundreds of houses and hundreds of square miles to burn at
once.

> https://twitter.com/angrytownhall/status/3445809772

That's great too.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe