POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Basterds (spoiler-free) : Re: Basterds (spoiler-free) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basterds (spoiler-free)
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Aug 2009 11:36:30
Message: <4a9161fe$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Tarantino, instead,
>> focused on using dialogue to build tension and advance the plot.
>
>   You mean Tarantino has made some movie where dialogue is not the essential
> core of the movie?

Well, the last two movies of his that I saw were "Kill Bill 1" (which
has the distinction of being one of less than a dozen movies I've ever
turned off in the middle, it was so bad), and "Deathproof" (which I
thoroughly enjoyed).

While "Deathproof" had some great dialogue in it, both of those movies
also relied quite a bit on action.

...Chambers