POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is great : Re: This is great Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is great
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Aug 2009 11:56:28
Message: <4a8ec3ac$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   That was a relatively common problem in C and C++ years ago, but nowadays
> especially C++ compilers have got much better at debugging such things.

How does it handle uninitialized variables? Data flow analysis? That's often
where I find heisenbugs come from, more than random walks off the ends of
arrays.  That, or accessing memory that has already been freed.

Me, right now, I'd be happy not spending 3 days trying to figure out what to
change such that the program that gets downloaded during 'make' that
generates the makefile it later invokes whose every compilation line is 100%
macros most nested at least 5 deep in definitions no longer tries to strip
the symbols off a library that's actually a text file, with the comment
"just in case" printed out above it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."