POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US ZIP Codes and SSN's : Re: US ZIP Codes and SSN's Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US ZIP Codes and SSN's
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Aug 2009 23:57:07
Message: <4a8cc993$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> "predictable" if you know certain pieces of information about a person -
> where they were born, when they were born, etc.

http://privacy.cs.cmu.edu/dataprivacy/projects/ssnwatch/faq.html

For example, no SSN has 00 as the middle two digits, and ones starting with
"222" are reserved for immigrants.

Now, again, this is how it worked 40 years ago. How it works now, with even
newborns getting SSNs and another several decades of people using up SSNs
that are supposedly never reissued is hard to say.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."