POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Test 3.62 windows source archive : Re: Test 3.62 windows source archive Server Time
20 Sep 2024 19:06:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test 3.62 windows source archive
From: Chris Cason
Date: 19 Aug 2009 18:38:50
Message: <4a8c7efa@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Sounds like a somewhat painful way of maintaining two project versions.
> Note that Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 can coexist peacefully on the same
> system. You could also install C++ Express 2005 just for editing the
> project files - and some day the platform SDK to test the build ;)

I'm travelling and only have my laptop, and don't really have room for
full parallel installs. I do have that setup at home.

If you would like to contribute a working VS2005 project with all the
listed problems fixed please feel free to email it to me and I'll
include it in the release (and probably re-import the VS2008 project
from it).

Also anyone who wants to write a 'how to build' readme is invited to do
so, sometimes it's better to get this done from the perspective of
someone who hasn't spent the past 15 years hacking on the source;)

thanks,

-- Chris