POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? : Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS* Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS*
From: Chambers
Date: 18 Aug 2009 21:46:47
Message: <4a8b5987$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> For what it's worth I got exactly the same worker class interpretation
> that you did from the movie, but it retrospect it did seem to be more
> implied than made explicit.  I actually sort of like this aspect to the
> movie though since I think a too many explanations would have detracted
> from the realism

 From what I understand, there was a great deal more to the backstory
(in fact, I read some of it in the few previews I looked at) that was
simply implied rather than shown in the film.

On the one hand, I like that the implications add a level of subtlety.
On the other hand, certain things really needed explaining to avoid the
issues brought up in this thread.

> Overall, this was my favorite SciFi movie since Children of Men came out

Ooh, that was a good one, too!

Does it seem to anyone else that there's a dearth of good sci fi lately?

...Chambers