POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Natural language is hard : Re: Natural language is hard Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Natural language is hard
From: David H  Burns
Date: 18 Aug 2009 21:20:13
Message: <4a8b534d$1@news.povray.org>
It's a noun made from an adjective. An attribute is also a noun. But a
noun can be part of an
"adjective phrase", i.e. "the depth *of transparency* ..." Here the noun
"depth" is modified by
the adjectival prepositional phase which contains the noun
"transparency". Languages are capable of
an almost infinite variety of such structures which gives them their power.

David