POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No country for old men : Re: No country for old men Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No country for old men
From: John VanSickle
Date: 18 Aug 2009 14:39:01
Message: <4a8af545$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   However, in the movie "No country for old men" they spoke with such a
> thick Texan accent that at many places I had really hard time understanding
> what they were saying. Do Texans really speak with such a thick accent?

Some do, some don't.  It could be that in those places, the actor was
not speaking very clearly to begin with, such that other Texans would
have trouble understanding the dialogue as well.

However, I am told that from a accent/dialect viewpoint, English is one
of the least diverse of the major languages, although some regional
accents take a bit of getting used to.

Regards,
John