POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : if(condition), don't create an image : Re: if(condition), don't create an image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: if(condition), don't create an image
From: clipka
Date: 18 Aug 2009 12:56:53
Message: <4a8add55$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn schrieb:
> I'm working on a project where I want to systematically explore some variables
> which are in effect a function of frame_number.  If a condition is met, I want
> to have povray render the scene.  If it is not, I don't want an image on my
> HDD-- on to the next frame!

Basically, this is not possible for animations: POV-Ray /always/ creates
an image, or aborts the whole render altogether.

> Is there another way?

You might use "#fopen ... append" and "#write" to generate a shell
script or batch file to kill off the undesired frames after all have
been rendered. Or a list of undesired frame numbers which a static shell
script / batch file could then process.