POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? : Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS* Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS*
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 18 Aug 2009 10:23:01
Message: <4a8ab945$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 08/17/09 21:01, Chambers wrote:
>> Neeum Zawan wrote:

>>> I must have missed all the indications of this. Did they point out
>>> different classes among the aliens?
>>
>> No, just the workers (and Christopher). It's assumed that there are
>
>     Did they even do this? Beyond merely showing that Christopher seems
> smarter?

They mention that the aliens seemed to be unable to act without
commands, like they were a hive that lost it's commander or something.
The documentary people thought it may have been because of the loss of
some module of the ship.

I thought it was implied that between that detail, and the insectoid
appearance of the aliens, that the audience was meant to think of them
as having an insect style hierarchy of minds.