POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : if(condition), don't create an image : Re: if(condition), don't create an image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: if(condition), don't create an image
From: Chris B
Date: 18 Aug 2009 08:56:51
Message: <4a8aa513$1@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Got it.
>
> if(condition),
> else
> create a new condition)
> check again!

I think what you're saying might be shorthand for the solution I'd propose,
which is to make the code execution for a frame dependant upon a counter and
repeatedly evaluate the condition from the start in each frame until your
counter of successful conditions equals the current frame number. Sorry for
the repetition if this is what you meant.

This will mean that the frame numbers appended to the image file names won't
line up with the successful condition counter, but if that's a problem you
can use the #write directive to create yourself a little index.

Regards,
Chris B.