POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For a price : Re: For a price Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For a price
From: scott
Date: 18 Aug 2009 07:29:32
Message: <4a8a909c$1@news.povray.org>
> B&Q sell nuts and bolts, but I doubt they sell large pieces of metal such
> as random poles and rods.

I suspect they do actually, but I wouldn't do it with those.  I would get a
sheet of wood about 20 or 30mm thick to use as the base board.  I would then
get a thin strip of aluminium (25x2 cross section would be perfect, I got
metre lengths of that from B&Q before), cut it into perhaps 150mm lengths
and bend it into a U shape.  The bottom of the U I would bolt onto the base
board for each pedal, then fix an M4 bolt horizontally across the top of
each U with the pedal mounted on it so it's free to rotate.

> My dad probably already has an electric sander or five.

Job done then!

> I think the basic problem is that even if I do all this, it's never going
> to be exactly like a real organ peddalboard.

Isn't there any way you can replicate what the pedal is actually connected
to in a real one?  It shouldn't be hard to think of something to replicate
the feeling.