POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For a price : Re: For a price Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For a price
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Aug 2009 06:59:45
Message: <4a8a89a1$1@news.povray.org>
>> "Warning: This technology is deprecated as is all of DirectMusic."
>>
>> Gee, thanks for telling us what the recommended alternative is. :-P
>
> Hehe yes true, it doesn't look like they do suggest an alternative for
> communicating with MIDI hardware!

That was the conclusion I came to also, yes.

Their main section on MIDI control still mentions the same function
names, so...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712733(VS.85).aspx

>>> An M4 or M6 standard steel bolt will do, you're not going to be
>>> levering up cars with this thing!
>>
>> I'm guessing you can't buy that stuff at the local hardware store though.
>
> Of course you can and they're dead cheap, B&Q will have a good supply of
> M4 and M6 bolts (plus many other diameters) at all sorts of lengths and
> head types.  They do nuts and washers too.

B&Q sell nuts and bolts, but I doubt they sell large pieces of metal
such as random poles and rods.

>> I suspect cutting it to a precise shape isn't going to be easy though.
>
> If you're making a load of pedals then I would be tempted to first make
> a jig so that you can cut each one to exactly the same dimensions.  You
> can finish them off with some sand paper or an electric sander (more
> expensive but faster).

My dad probably already has an electric sander or five.

I think the basic problem is that even if I do all this, it's never
going to be exactly like a real organ peddalboard. The whole point of
practicing is to get used to the feel of the real thing, so... I guess
I'll just stick to sneaking into the local church on saturdays. Much
cheaper. ;-)