POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: somebody
Date: 18 Aug 2009 03:50:56
Message: <4a8a5d60@news.povray.org>
news:4a88b8fd$1@news.povray.org...

> 2 - Your health is worth virtually anything you own.

Not by a long shot. If that were the case, we would not smoke, eat more than
necessary or unhealthy, work under hazardous conditions, drive, skydive, sit
in front of a computer 10 hours a day... etc. We would instead spend all our
time and money on our health.

> How much of your personal wealth would you spend to cure your cancer?

If cure were certain? For as it is, I don't see many patients spending their
entire wealth on treatment (not that I believe certain cure would change
that either).