POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backward : Re: Backward Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backward
From: scott
Date: 18 Aug 2009 02:47:25
Message: <4a8a4e7d@news.povray.org>
> Then the *other* piece of software running on the computer wouldn't be
> able to log audit events under the correct username.

Why not?  If it can log them under the correct username when nobody is
logged on, why shouldn't it be able to do it when someone else is logged on?

> Under Windows, any processes started by a user ordinarily get terminated
> when that user logs off. Unless they do something special to prevent
> this...

Like what? Do most programs cope OK with running when nobody is logged on?
I would have thought some get a bit screwed up what with there being no
desktop or whatever.