POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? : Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS* Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone else here seen District 9 yet? *SPOILERS*
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 17 Aug 2009 22:47:22
Message: <4a8a163a@news.povray.org>
On 08/17/09 21:01, Chambers wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>> After all, giving human rights to aliens is a bit silly to assume,
>> don't you think?
>
> True, it's a rather silly assumption ;)

	Well, I didn't know if they wanted us to make that assumption or not.
My guess would be "No" (it would be fairly poor SF otherwise).

>> I must have missed all the indications of this. Did they point out
>> different classes among the aliens?
>
> No, just the workers (and Christopher). It's assumed that there are

	Did they even do this? Beyond merely showing that Christopher seems
smarter?

> other classes, but they never go into it. Nor do they spend any time on
> where all the other leaders are (dead? missing? hiding like Christopher?).

	Apparently, the whole story had been developed by the authors, but they
intentionally left it out of the film. I agree that a lot of them can be
left out, but I think they cut a bit too much.

--
Why a man would want a wife is a big mystery to some people.  Why a man
would want *two* wives is a bigamystery.