POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain _to_national_health_care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain _to_national_health_care?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Aug 2009 16:21:28
Message: <4a89bbc8$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     I think there are *much* more of these kinds of things going on.
> It's just that some of them seem big enough to fall under our radar
> (health issue, Prince, etc). I know this sounds cynical, but this is
> mostly just business as usual.

Ok. I see your point. Mind things do change some. The racists can't be
"openly" racist any more, and even they wouldn't, for the most part, go
as far as the Klan used to, not on our own soil anyway, and not without
"inventing" some other reason to do it. Progress is slow, but happening,
and as I said, part of the problem is that the last bastion of some of
this BS is finding themselves, by their own paranoid actions, holed up
in one tiny keep, on the side of a mountain, and everyone from the city
power company to the local plumber's union is now showing up to tell
them, "Dude, your not under code, and we need to breach the wall a bit
here to add some wires, or a pipe.". In other words, they are fighting
an inevitable end of their particular *level* of madness. So, confronted
with a choice between admitting that a lot of their BS is just fear, and
all the dire things they think will happen are not going to, they would
rather make one last, loud, obnoxious, over the top, charge, in hopes
that they can breach their imagined enemies defenses. They are Don

most of the next generation, even among some of their general allies,
are realizing that its madness. But, they *can't* see it. Doing so would
be admitting they already lost, and that the only way they can win at
this point is if either their god is real, and ends the world, or they
destroy everything this country actually stands for, and try to replace
it (while failing to realize this would make them exactly like every
fascist power they imagine having fought off, single handedly, in the
past, with the will to preserve something that only ever existed in
their own minds in the first place).

It makes them dangerous. Just as dangerous imho, though not necessarily
as violent, as radical Islam. In fact, they might be more dangerous. All
radical militants can do is kill you. People willing to do *any* other
than that, can corrupt and poison everything. Its better to be dealing
with someone sending a few assassins with a knives, than several similar
loons, with a bag of arsenic and access to local the public well. Its a
gift that keeps on giving...

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {