POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No country for old men : Re: No country for old men Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No country for old men
From: scott
Date: 17 Aug 2009 07:06:50
Message: <4a8939ca$1@news.povray.org>
>  However, in practice it seems that the difference between an average
> British accent and an average American accent is way subtler and much more
> indistinguishable, at least to me.

The most universal difference I've come across is how "t" is pronounced.  In
America it seems nobody actually pronounces it as a "t" but more of a soft
"d" sound.  To me, an American who says "Dakota" sounds pretty much the same
as "Dakoda", in an average British English accent they are completely
different sounds.