POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Aug 2009 22:59:28
Message: <4a88c790@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> comes to things like infant mortality rates, Canada ranks near the bottom,
> second to last only to US among OECD nations, IIRC.

A lot of this is disputed, in terms of infant mortality. There are rules
you're supposed to follow about reporting infant mortality that many of the
OECD nations don't follow. For example, if a baby lives only a couple of
minutes, the US will report that as "infant mortality" while France might
not report it unless the child lives more than an hour and Switzerland might
not report deaths of babies born live but too early to survive even with the
most intensive care.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."