POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render Failed! : Re: Render Failed! Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Failed!
From: clipka
Date: 16 Aug 2009 13:15:27
Message: <4a883eaf$1@news.povray.org>
Ive schrieb:
> While rendering a quite complex scene POV-Ray beta33 stopped after 15
> hours (and 93% finished) and the only message on the message pane was
> "Render failed!". Nothing else.
>
> Hum. This is a bit laconic.

Um... yes, I guess it is ;-)

> I've already done a lot of test renders with this scene before and it
> never made any trouble.

Given the render time it may be a bit much to ask, but... is that
problem reproducible?

(If so, then it would probably make sense to send the scene to one of
the developers for further experimenting.)

 > The scene did use
> radiosity, scattering media, meshes, hight fields and csg. System is
> Windows XP SP3.

Can you give some indications about scene complexity (number of objects,
size of bitmaps used, and such)?