POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 16:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: clipka
Date: 15 Aug 2009 19:30:02
Message: <4a8744fa@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>   It's a "punishment" in practice, even if it isn't technically one.
> If you earn more, you get taxed with a higher percentage. That discourages
> earning more in that country, especially if in a neighbouring country you
> could earn the same amount and get taxed less, in which case you get to
> keep more. Guess what happens.

Let's see...

I make, say, 10000 quids which I have to tax at 20%, leaving me with
8000 quids.

Or I make, say, 20000 quids which I have to tax at 25%, leaving me with
15000 quids.

So is there any incentive for me to make more money? Seems to me like
there is indeed...

>   60% in Finland.

Of the whole income? That would be an awful lot indeed, and makes more
understandable why you're talking about "punishment".