POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering edges : Re: rendering edges Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering edges
From: Chris B
Date: 15 Aug 2009 17:56:09
Message: <4a872ef9$1@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4a8722ac4068d2141c8336ca0@news.povray.org...
> "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
>
>> If you can switch on the YafRay XML option and generate a file with only
>> square plane and one of the vertices extruded to create an edge, then it
>> should be easy enough to see how it handles such edges and whether
>> there's
>> any hope of getting such information across into POV-Ray.
>>

> Thanks I did that. Unfortunately the extruded vertex is completely ignored
> and
> the resulting Pov code has only 4 vertices:
>
> Thanks for your help I'll just do without those floating edges...

Ah. OK! So Blend2Pov won't be able to do anything with those edges for you
because it never gets the data to work with.

The option I posted in my second post to pick up that info from an export in
'obj' format should still be viable though. You could do that by hand quite
quickly using a search/replace in a good editor. Admitedly it's not
something you'd want to do by hand if you wanted to do it very frequently,
but a short script or a little editor macro could easily transform that obj
file data into something useable. Depends how much you want it :-)

Regards,
Chris B.