POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain _to_national_health_care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 16:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain _to_national_health_care?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Aug 2009 15:30:20
Message: <4a870ccc$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> OK I know that not all Americans feel that way but it seems that the majority of
> vocal ones do.

I think there are some unspoken fears that do not come out in the media
'debate', and may provide a clue to the mystery.  One fear is that with
anything 'government-run' the government must be especially
non-descriminatory in the hiring and manangement of its workforce.  So
there is the fear that somehow the *dispensation* of healthcare would
become similar to the US Post Office euphanistically speaking. It is
interesting how this racist fear ends up getting directed at the
President directly.

I offer this after I assume you are aware of the known 'currents' in the
opposition:  the money trail linking the organised protests and TV adds
directly to the Heath Insurance Industry, the evidence of purely
political posturing, the pure racist indignation for some that a black
man was elected, and the ideological indignation for others that the
'liberals' won the election.