POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No country for old men : Re: No country for old men Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No country for old men
From: clipka
Date: 14 Aug 2009 23:41:17
Message: <4a862e5d@news.povray.org>
Stephen schrieb:
> I believe that Americans say there is a British accent but they are only being
> polite. That may stem from the non English Brits getting fed up being called
> English and being quite vocal about it. The "posh English" is called Received
> Pronunciation and is naturally found near London. Other English dialects vary
> considerably as do they between North and South Wales, various parts of Scotland
> and Ireland.

Reminds me of a trip to Great Britain, Scotland in particular. I had
expected them to speak some unintelligible accent, but no person I spoke
to did.

Then I drove down to the English Midlands, and at some point had to ask
for directions late at night. I stopped and asked some bloke that
happened to be there. He told me, and I nodded and thanked him politely.

Then I drove further down the road to ask someone else... >_<