POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 12:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: clipka
Date: 14 Aug 2009 22:45:58
Message: <4a862166$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>>>   I'm not exactly sure why it wouldn't be.
>
>> Maybe because it's exactly this liberal capitalism that got us to where
>> we're at right now??
>
>   It's also what got us with free health care, hospitals, free education and
> schools, public libraries, free roads for anyone to use, and all this while
> maintaining basic human rights and freedom. Well, in most capitalist countries
> at least.

Free <whatever> is /definitely not/ a capitalism invention. That's all
non-capitalist "add-ons".

Pure capitalism leads to toll roads instead; private schools; health
care for people who can pay for it; etc.

Capitalism does not care about human rights or freedom either. It
appears to have less need of suppressing them than other economic
models, but it has no interest in encouraging them either. Well, aside
from the freedom to sell and buy whatever you want.

Free speech? Free press? Why should capitalism want that?
Environmentalist movements are a pain in the neck, and likewise
newspapers revealing what companies don't want their customers to know.

As I said: Capitalism needs to be offset by some regulatory influences.
It is, in the so-called 1st world countries, but sometimes that
regulatory influence is lacking. Like in the financial sector in recent
years. To think that having even /more/ capitalism and /less/ regulation
would help fix economy is an idea that appears particularly stupid to me.