POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Computer : Re: Could you try to run the benchmark with 32-bit binaries? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Could you try to run the benchmark with 32-bit binaries?
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 14 Aug 2009 16:33:10
Message: <4a85ca06@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Interesting, I wonder how much overhead there is in running 32 bit
> applications on 64 bit windows, then?

clipka posted several POV-Ray benchamrk tests about this and 64-64
(OS-App) was way better than 32-32. I've seen this also in the disease
research client I run (www.worldcommunitygrid.org), so as soon as I get
my new PC I'm switching to 64-bits (WinXP x64, no Vista nor Win7). My
main interest is the disease research client, I want to do more, alot
more and 64-bit integers does one of the tricks to make this client go
way faster.