POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : povray.off-topic.politics ? : Re: povray.off-topic.politics ? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray.off-topic.politics ?
From: Daniel Bastos
Date: 14 Aug 2009 16:30:25
Message: <4a85c961@news.povray.org>
In article <4a859a99$1@news.povray.org>,
Neeum Zawan wrote:

> 	Your newsreader likely has a way to kill a thread if you're not
> interested in the topic. I use it all the time here.

That's always the way to go. I could have a peaceful discussion with
someone in a crawded-with-spam USENET group. I ignore everyone but the
person.

I used to do this on IRC. Crawded channel, peaceful conversation with
very few. This was in the days where I could still bear IRC.

And that's why I despise a mail list. I don't mind them as long as I
can talk in them through gmane.org or something like that. But many
mail lists require you to be a member to talk there. Aff. One must
control everything.