POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering edges : Re: rendering edges Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering edges
From: Chris B
Date: 14 Aug 2009 15:24:21
Message: <4a85b9e5@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4a85a04f4068d214e3f0b2880@news.povray.org...

> No document, I don't know how the original patch by RCRuiz is commented:
> http://code.google.com/p/blend2pov/
> JMS won't release the current modified source, but I'll just ask him about
> those
> faceless edges. If you speak french and are interested in this tool here
> is the
> forum of JMS.
> http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/newsportal/thread.php?group=3D.Pov-Ray

I read a few of the posts, but I don't see anything on how it handles edges
or vertices (or even faces for that matter). It mostly spoke of textures and
the Intel Mac issues. I also tried writing an XML file from Blender, but it
seems to require YafRay to be installed (which is odd as the XML file would
be extremely useful if you had Blender and YafRay installed on separate
machines).

If you can switch on the YafRay XML option and generate a file with only a
square plane and one of the vertices extruded to create an edge, then it
should be easy enough to see how it handles such edges and whether there's
any hope of getting such information across into POV-Ray.

Regards,
Chris B.