POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do you think? : Re: What do you think? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do you think?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Aug 2009 12:18:43
Message: <4a858e63@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I really think that is completely ridiculous, completely regardless of
> what one's world view is. The event called "Christmas" is a traditional
> festivity. It's called that because of tradition. Anyone who gets offended
> by an event being called in a certain way is being a huge bigot.

Let me be clear on my feelings about this:

I actually miss the days when we could reference certain holidays in
school. When I was a kid, our public school had a Christmas show every
year, and we liked it!

But it was a mostly secular view of the holiday season, elves, Santa
Claus, trees and bells and such. All of the typical symbols of the season.

It was all very harmless, or so it seemed.

--
~Mike