POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America???s opposition to national health care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 06:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America???s opposition to national health care?
From: somebody
Date: 14 Aug 2009 11:43:28
Message: <4a858620@news.povray.org>
news:4a851828@news.povray.org...
> Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:

> >         They're not opposed to *national* health care (we already have
that).
> > They're opposed to *universal* health care.

>   I wonder why. Would it be unfair that *all* people could get health care
> for free, that rich and poor people would be treated equally?

Equal treatment is good if it's also good treatment. If it ends up that
everyone is treated equally but badly, fairness all of a sudden becomes
fool's gold.

And no, it's mathematically impossible for *all* people to get health care
for free. Not saying it's a bad thing, but if some people are getting it for
free, some other people are paying extra, for those as well as themselves.