POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: Warp
Date: 14 Aug 2009 10:11:12
Message: <4a85707f@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>         I don't know your view of the economies in Europe, but when many
> (most?) ordinary people in the US talk about capitalism, they don't view
> most European economies as capitalist (and Scandinavian countries are
> probably the least likely to be considered capitalist).

  I think too many people only concentrate on the (sometimes only perceived)
negative aspects of capitalism while outright ignoring the positive aspects.
Then they define "capitalism" purely based on these negative aspects.

  It may be true that economy is somewhat more controlled in Europe, and
particularly in the northern countries, than it is in the US, but it's still
capitalism.

--
                                                          - Warp