POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 14 Aug 2009 09:57:04
Message: <4a856d30$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/14/09 02:51, Warp wrote:
> Neeum Zawan<m.n### [at] ieeeorg>  wrote:
>> On 08/13/09 17:48, Warp wrote:
>>>     At its core, capitalism is about free commerce, and it's precisely free
>>> commerce which keeps the cash flowing.
>
>>          In which direction?
>
>    It's impossible for cash to flow into one single direction. It has to
> circulate for the flow to keep going.
>
>    You may be thinking that cash tends to flow towards big companies. However,
> people paying money to those companies have to *get* that money from somewhere
> first. Where do you think they get it from?

	It's a question of rates. In the US, the percentage of the overall
wealth owned by the top 1% keeps increasing (depending on who you ask -
I'm seeing some contradictory figures). That's a net flow in that
direction.

	I meant my statement as a half joke, but now you've got me thinking...

--
Doctor to patient: Although it's nothing serious, let's keep an eye on
it to make sure it doesn't turn into a major lawsuit.