POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: Warp
Date: 14 Aug 2009 07:18:36
Message: <4a85480c@news.povray.org>
> and therefore needs
> to be counterbalanced by some other regulatory mechanisms if it is to
> work for good.

  Btw, that's true to *all* forms of economy. It's not exclusive to
capitalism.

  At its core, a government has two roles: Managing resources and stopping
people from hurting other people. How well different forms of government
succeed in these two goals depends, in the end, on how much they limit the
freedom and rights of their citizens.

  As far as I can see, democratic capitalism is the form of government which
succeeds in this with the least amount of freedom and rights limits. Other
forms of government and economy may sound good on paper, but they don't seem
to work very well in practice.

  That doesn't mean that capitalism is perfect. It just means that it seems
to be the best we have. Other forms don't seem to work in practice, no matter
how utopistic they sound in theory.

--
                                                          - Warp