POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Aug 2009 20:43:59
Message: <4a84b34f$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/13/09 19:23, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> 	Funny - I haven't heard any suggestions of alternatives from
> those who
>> keep opposing it. Are you sure they agree it is broken?
>
> The ones I've talked to agree that it's broken, but they are against "big
> government" and I understand the reasons why, even though I might not
> agree with them.

	Fair enough.

	And also fair enough that it need not be government run. Some countries
do have very successful insurance driven health care - simply because of
government regulations to prevent the companies from abusing it.

	Haven't looked at Obama's bill. General consensus, though, seems to be
that it's different from virtually all models out there, so it's a toss
up as to whether it's a good plan or not. I guess we'll know 40 years
down the road.

--
Doctor to patient: Although it's nothing serious, let's keep an eye on
it to make sure it doesn't turn into a major lawsuit.