POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition tonational health care?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Aug 2009 19:16:54
Message: <4a849ee6$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/13/09 15:46, Jim Henderson wrote:
> It seems to me (being in favor of it, and no, I haven't read it either)
> that there are those who think that it should reformed as it is - nearly
> everybody agrees that what we have is broken, it's just a question of how
> best to fix it.

	Funny - I haven't heard any suggestions of alternatives from those who
keep opposing it. Are you sure they agree it is broken?

> Those in favour of continuing private insurance, in my view, overlook
> that public health is, by definition, a public concern.  If we don't take
> care of individuals who get sick because they don't have insurance, we
> risk infecting everyone else.

	Not really. I'm betting most serious problems where people get hurt by
private health care/insurance are not contagious.

	(And my sig was totally randomly picked. I swear!)

--
Doctor to patient: Although it's nothing serious, let's keep an eye on
it to make sure it doesn't turn into a major lawsuit.