POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Polyhedra library : Re: Polyhedra library Server Time
27 Apr 2024 17:39:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyhedra library
From: Warp
Date: 13 Aug 2009 18:51:38
Message: <4a8498fa@news.povray.org>
> If such cases /do/ exist, I guess the best bet for an inside_vector
> would be anything that is not parallel or near-parallel to any face.

  It may indeed by that if the inside_vector is parallel to one of the
triangles, and that triange is being cut by the CSG, an artifact might
be introduced.

  The best way is to try to choose an inside_vector which is not parallel
to any of the triangles (at least not any which are being cut by CSG).

--
                                                          - Warp