POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: somebody
Date: 13 Aug 2009 18:21:54
Message: <4a849202@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

> Those in favour of continuing private insurance, in my view, overlook
> that public health is, by definition, a public concern.  If we don't take
> care of individuals who get sick because they don't have insurance, we
> risk infecting everyone else.

I think people on all sides miss the real issues. Health care doesn't
magically become better or worse because it's public or private. Health care
in both USA and Canada stinks, and the latter is public (and arguably stinks
more, since well to do Canadians rely on USA for their timely health care
needs). Granted, the private vs public or how much of each is a major
decision, but the quality is all in the implementation, economy, management,
logistics... etc.