POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Polyhedra library : Re: Polyhedra library Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyhedra library
From: Warp
Date: 13 Aug 2009 16:54:20
Message: <4a847d7b@news.povray.org>
> Warp schrieb:
> >> inside_vector is /not/ a prerequisite for a mesh to work properly with
> >> CSG, as POV-Ray will automaticaly assume a default value.
> >
> >   Unfortunately you are wrong. No default inside_vector is used if none is
> > specified in a mesh definition. Here's a demo:

> Duh - how come I've always been fully convinced of the opposite?

> You're absolutely right. I even checked in the code now.

> (*blushes*)

  Maybe you got confused by a related phenomenon: Many people have a
misconception of how inside_vector works and eg. think that it must be
a point inside the mesh (rather than it being just a direction vector),
and thus it matters a lot what it is, when in fact in most cases it doesn't
matter at all. (The cases where it matters are so extremely rare that they
might as well not exist at all.)

--
                                                          - Warp