POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Computer : Could you try to run the benchmark with 32-bit binaries? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Could you try to run the benchmark with 32-bit binaries?
From: TC
Date: 13 Aug 2009 16:51:09
Message: <4a847cbd@news.povray.org>
Could you run the benchmark with 32-bit PoyRay binaries? It should not take
too much time to download - and less then two minutes for you to run. ;-)

I really would like to know if there is any influence and how much of it.

When I built my new PC I toyed with the idea of an i7 but found it a bit too
expensive in relation to the benchmarks I saw. Then I pondered the idea of a
64-bit XP instead of the 32-bit I am currently using. Decided against it
because of possible driver-problems and because I had no idea if it really
would be a lot faster. I did not really see much sense in using 64-bit
Vista - I hate the Vista OS from the bottom of my heart.

Then, of course, the i7 is the better processor anyway.